Super Bowl LIII is almost here. The teams are solidified and now it’s time to put together your menu for the big game. If you’re like me, wings are a must at any game day gathering. But, if you’re also like me and are trying to stick to that,”be healthy” resolution, those beloved chicken wings could be an issue.
Don’t fret! I put my thinking cap on and came up with these delicious baked BBQ chicken wings that will satisfy the party food craving, without breaking your health goals.
Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, drumettes, or a combo of both
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (divided in half)
- pinch cayenne pepper
- In a shallow bowl, or resealable ziplock bag, add chicken wings, spices, and 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce. Let sit, in refrigerator, for a minimum of 20 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Once wings have marinated, preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place wings in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once wings are cooked through, and show a some char, remove from oven and brush, liberally, with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Serve immediately.