Toasted Almond Toffee Chip Cookies?! Well, that’s a mouthful (pun intended)
In all seriousness, these gems have a great balance between salty and sweet, and the addition of toasted almonds add the perfect amount a crunch to this traditional chewy chocolate chip cookie.
Toasted Almond Toffee Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter; softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar; packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup slivered almonds; lightly toasted
- ½ cup toffee chips
- Toast slivered almonds in a dry sauté pan, about 1-2 minutes, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While over preheats, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, and both sugars, until smooth. Beat in egg and stir in vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, toffee chips, and toasted almonds.
- Scoop dough in rounded TBSP and place onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes; until edges are nicely browned.