I am very honored to announce that I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. “What is that?”, you might ask. Well, the Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity, creativity, and joy throughout the blogging community. When nominated for this award, you must to the following:
- Write a post in which you thank the blogger for nominating them and link back to their blog.
- Display the award/post rules.
- Answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven other blogs and notify them accordingly.
- Give your nominees eleven, original, questions to answer.
- Post the Sunshine Blogger Award logo within your post.*
*For this I made my own award logo as well as shared the award logo from my nominator’s post.
So, of course, I would like to thank the lovely, Elizabeth (a.k.a Uncustomary Housewife) Being nominated by this blogger is such an honor. I look up to her openness to speak out for mental health, her dedication to producing authentic content, and that she never waivers from being her true self. I am also fortunate enough to know her on a more personal level and am happy to be able to call her a friend!
11 Questions Asked by Uncostumary Housewife
1. How did you pick the name for your blog?
Well, I actually started this blog back in February of this year, with a different name. As the months went by, and as I got a better feel for what I wanted to write about, I decided to bite the bullet and give the blog a face lift.
I chose “Love Always, Tiffany” because I felt it brought a more personal touch to my site. As far back as I can remember, I have been signing all my written salutations with “[heart] always, Tiffany”, it has become, well, my signature. So, I found it to be perfect for the revamp.
2. Of all the posts you’ve written, which one is your favorite?
That is difficult to answer! I am not sure if I can narrow it down to just one post, so I will tell you my top three (and why):
- Why I Stopped Labeling My Diet
I had a hard time writing this post (as I explain in its opening paragraph) I spent years labeling myself as either, “vegan”, “gluten free”, or even just a “weight watcher”. Having these labels on your diet makes life a lot more difficult than you can imagine. After sharing where I stood on that subject, I truly felt a weight was lifted off my shoulders.
- On Mountain Time: Truckee, California
This post is all about sharing my love for Truckee, CA. I wrote about what my husband and I did, this past June, when we were there celebrating our anniversary, and I took a trip down memory lane by visiting some of the same spots I used to visit as a young child.
- What If You Couldn’t Fail…
With this post, I felt I showed a vulnerable side of myself. Sure, I have shared other things that may be considered more “in depth” but, I not only have a huge fear of failure, but of being judged and/or ridiculed if/when I share my personal goals with others (mainly because they differ from the norm) I also hoped that by sharing this post, others may take a look within themselves and find things they may want to do in life, that they are not doing, based on the fear of failure.
3. What is your favorite social media platform, why?
I have always liked Instagram the most. I love seeing peoples lives through the photos they want to share. However, in regards to actual interaction, I would have to say Twitter.
4. What’s a small thing that can always make your day better?
A [good] cup of coffee!
5. Are you a morning person, or night person?
Although there are plenty of nights I stay up late (for multiple reasons) I am more of a morning person. I feel more productive and motivated first thing in the morning.
6. What’s something that you think everyone should do, at least once in their lives?
Move away from where you grew up, whether its an hour away, or across the country. I did it! And although it was only for a short amount of time, I learned a lot from the experience and my independence grew tremendously. I don’t fear the unknown of new places like others do, if they have always lived in the same town or city. Plus it was an eye opening moment when I realized how many places there are in this country (United States) that I would never even put on my radar; Like Rochester, New York! There is so much more outside of sunny California, and I am grateful that I [impulsively] took that leap to find that out for myself.
7. If your life were a book, what would the current chapter be titled?
“Because I Can”. Within the last few months I have decided I am going to do what I want, because I can. I know that is a luxury others may not have, but I am grateful I do. I shaved the sides of my head and dyed my remaining hair blue and purple. Why? Because I can. But not all of it has to do with the fact that I don’t have to answer to a boss, or the corporate world. It is a mentality of building up the confidence to do what you want and not stress on who is going to judge you for it.
8. What’s the most random thing that’s ever happened to you?
Serving my third grade teacher at the coffee shop I worked at. And the fact that we both remembered each other!
9. If you could only watch one television show for the rest of your life, what show would you pick?
Law and Order: SVU!
10. If a movie was made about your life, what actor would you pick to play you?
Krysten Ritter. Mainly because the two shows I have seen her in, Breaking Bad and Jessica Jones, she plays someone who battles with demons of her past on the inside but is still trying to be a bad ass bitch on the outside. HAHA!
11. If you could pick one fictional character to be your best friend, who would you pick?
Gandalf! I mean, who wouldn’t want a wizard as their best friend?!
Casandra: Her Story Continued
Lysa: Sagebrush Farm NV
Kayla: Uniquely Minded
Stevie: Honestly Stevie
Britt: Alternatively Speaking
Olivia: Dungarees and Donuts
Michelle: Writing Between Pauses
Nicole: The Ugly Bujo
Ross: Man Vs Adulthood
11 Questions for My Nominees
- What superpower do you wish you had, and why?
- Do you think pineapple on pizza is a crime, or a match made in heaven?
- What’s the most memorable book you’ve ever read?
- What’s your all-time favorite quote?
- Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character, and, if so, who?
- What is your favorite holiday, and why?
- If you could live in any other time period, when would it be, and why?
- What would you choose as your last meal?
- If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- If you had the world’s attention for 60 seconds, what would you say?
Again, I am so honored to be considered for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Funny thing, as I am composing this post, I was nominated a second time! Stay tuned for Vol. II!