I have seen many “about me” posts recently, and being a new blogger myself, I figured I would join in and share a little bit about myself. It was a struggle to come up with that many interesting things about myself, honestly, but I gave it a solid effort! So, here are 15 facts about me…
- I am a self-proclaimed sugarholic. I love sweets. Ice cream, candy, cookies, cakes, you name it, I want it!
- Running with the theme of the fact above, I attended culinary school for baking and pastry arts. Unfortunately, due to financial reasons, I could not complete the program (but I learned a lot while I was there)
- I was vegan for about 2 1/2 years; vegetarian for roughly 5 years. I am no longer either (see: Why I Stopped Labeling My Diet)
- I am the oldest of 3 children; I just turned 32, my sister is 25, and my brother is 20.
- I could watch The Lord of the Rings a billion times and never get bored.
- I am a high school drop out. However, I did receive my G.E.D. in 2007, three years after I should have graduated high school.
- I met my husband online after a friend convinced me to make a profile on a dating website because she didn’t want to make one by herself…and now we have been together for a little over 8 years, and married for 6 this upcoming June. Funny how things work out.
- I love watching sports/sporting events. I am a big San Francisco Giants fan (baseball) and I also root for the San Jose Sharks (hockey) and the San Francisco 49ers (football)
- Growing up, I was never interested in travelling. But as I have gotten older, I really want to see, and experience, new places. I am currently starting a bucket list, of sorts, of all the places I’d like to visit, both within, and outside, the United States.
- Although I am a little late to the party, I am totally obsessed with Ed Sheeran.
- I live in sunny California, but I would much rather live somewhere with four, actual, seasons. Maybe one day…
- I am afraid of bodies of water (specifically where you can’t see the bottom. I’m convinced, even at 32 years old, that a sea monster will come up from the depths and eat me)
- I am very proud of being a “rescue mom”. We adopted our cat in 2011 when he was only 9 weeks old, and we adopted our dog in 2013 when she was almost 4 years old. I treat them like they are my children and I am not ashamed of that.
- Pizza is my favorite food! I mean, who doesn’t love pizza? I could seriously eat pizza every day!
- I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder. It took me a long time to be comfortable with admitting that and being willing to seek help. I finally did in late 2017 and have been in therapy and taking medication since. The experience has opened my eyes to how much of a stigma there (still) is in society regarding mental illness, and that I want to try to do my part in breaking that; although I am not 100% sure how I will go about that yet…
Well, there you have it! 15 “interesting” facts about me. I’d probably say they are more random facts, than interesting, but that’s okay!